Step 2 - "feeling concentration"

Message 01840 of 3835

If I understand the example of "smelling the rose" correctly, and if
I apply it to *cold*, e.g.:

a) I start with holding something cold in my hands, or I go outside.
b) I determine the kinesthetic components of what I'm feeling
c) I connect to their essential meaning, and then get rid of the
components themselves.
d) then I actually *run my meditation on the essential meaning of
cold* afterwards.

Is this correct ?
Is this the same as *feeling the cold*, as Bardon
prescribes ? 'cause he said "here is the object is to call into
being the *feeling* of coldness ...etc." ? I understand using
essential meaning makes sense because the exercise addresses the
mental level and not the sensations of the astral body, but I'm not
entirely sure :-)

Many thanks.

-The Newbie who's gonna go out to the cold :-)

Main Index | Thread Index