Re: self knowledge_imagination

Message 01904 of 3835

Dear Eric,

>> If I understand correctly, first, the "I" is identified with
personal, astral self and do not recognise his source. With knowledge of
our traits (mirror work, introspection constant mindfulness)the "I"
re-cognise the individual-personal and so on ? <<

Yes. In fact, it's the examination of the personal/astral character
which reveals the existence of the *examiner* to the student's
awareness. And it's the transformation of the character which enables
the shift in awareness from the personal to the Individual perspective.

>> Now,Bardon gives a important place to active imagination. The
capacity for active, controlled imagination will enable the "I"
(mental-individual) to "jump" into the Eternal-Mental? Is the creative
imagination the bridge between personnal and "greater". (I remember the
map of body soma, soul psyche, nous or active imagination, leadind to
spirit (greater self?) and finally Spriritus (divine). I find it very
hard to express, maybe what i want to find out is what is the relation
between imagination and knowlege of self? <<

The creative imagination is what *builds* the bridge, but is not,
itself, the bridge. In the mental realm, like attracts like. When we
employ the tool of creative visualization, we are crystallizing, so to
speak, the mental materia and thereby create a mental 'thing' which
attracts other mental 'things' which share its qualities. And likewise,
the mental 'thing' we create will be attracted *to* other mental
'things' that share its qualities.

For example, in Step Three when the student begins to work with the
Elements, they start by using their creative imagination to invoke the
sensations associated with the Element. This creates a mental
crystallization that is attracted to -- and attracts to itself -- the
true Element in question. This is why an exercise in creative
imagination establishes a mental connection with the Element itself and
eventually transforms creative imagination into factual perception of
the Element itself.

The same holds true in using the creative imagination to reach higher
levels of Self. The creation brings the lower and the higher together,
and leads to a direct perception of the higher by the lower.

So the creative imagination is a bridge building tool. :)

<< Self-mastery is the process of taking what was formerly un-conscious
and
making it into a conscious thing. This is absolutely necessary for the
advancement of Self-knowledge since the known Self must be expressed
with conscious intention.>>
>> This is quite puzzling, as your essay on Sowantha, there is no
"death" of individuality for access of Greater Self.

Just as the personality is *transformed* (not destroyed) into a clear
and conscious expression of the Individual Self, so too the Individual
Self is *transformed* (not destroyed) into a clear and conscious
expression of the Greater Self. As with the personality, this is an
enlivening process which results in a stronger Individuality -- because
it more clearly expresses its root or inspiration. There is no loss
here, only gain. :)

The Greater Self is *not separate from* the Individual or personal
levels of Self. The Greater Self *includes* and is *continuously and
simultaneously aware of* each of its Individuals and their persons. The
Greater Self is not less aware of the Individual and personal layers --
it is infinitely more aware of them because, from the Greater
perspective, their totality is perceived/experienced simultaneous to
their moment-to-moment existence.

Your Greater Self is *always* this aware of your present-moment
self/experience. The question is one of whether or not the personal,
mundane level of your conscious awareness is aware of the Greater
awareness. Initiation is the process of becoming steadily more and more
aware of the whole of your Self.

>> Could you then talk of "transparence" of individuality ? (who will
then "reflect" consciously without distortion?, at the same time "I am
That" (Spiritus)and "I" (ego)am a conscious instrustrument to Greater
Self)? <<

Just as you express your Individual Self *through* your
personality/character, so too the Greater Self expresses ItSelf
*through* the Individual Self. When you have transformed your character
so that it clearly reflects what you understand of your Individual Self,
you are then in a position to begin examining your Individual Self in
much the same way you examined your character. This reveals the Greater
Self to your awareness, just as the work with the character revealed the
Individual Self to your awareness. So you begin transforming your
Individual Self so that it clearly expresses what you understand of your
Greater Self. When this is complete, a shift of perspective occurs and
you are then able to *consciously* express your Greater Self *through*
the Individual Self.

Even though it is a *clear* expression, it is still an *Individual*
expression. In other words, you are still you -- a unique finite
expression of something that is infinite in essence. The Individual
Self is positivized and brought to its fullest potential -- it is not
made invisible. :)