Re: on essential meaning, essential meaning and Music.

Message 01905 of 3835

Dear Eric,

>> Working about essential meaning I would like to make sure of one or
two things. Please correct me.
Perception is "direct", on the present moment, there is no thought to
translate it, it is just living or being the idea. <<

One is filled with understanding of the essential meaning. It is an
infinite amount of information, presented in an instant that is quicker
than thought. It occurs *before* thinking and feeling kick into gear. A
large part of learning direct perception is training yourself (through
emptiness of mind, for example) to slow down and quiet that inclination
to start thinking and feeling. You must control that urge and postpone
its fulfillment for a moment or two, and *then* bring those tools of
thought and feeling to bear upon that direct perception.

>> It is what transpire behind what appears. <<

It is what *causes* that which appears. Appearances are
*expressions/manifestations of* essential meaning.

>> Mind chatter is not connected with essential meaning but only it's
translation ,thought, memory and emotionnal response to it. <<

At best, it is a reaction to a reaction to essential meaning. By the
time essential meaning reaches the level of mind chatter it's pretty
distorted, even to being almost unrecognizable.

>> The only difference with emptiness of mind (as I know it) is the
"presence" of that particular idea. <<

In the Self-Healing Archaeous, I describe a technique of taking an idea
*into* the emptiness of mind and then returning from the emptiness state
into a thinking state. The emptiness of mind, in which those layers of
feeling and thinking are turned off, is where *direct* perception of
essential meaning occurs. Even when I'm looking at an object with my
physical eyes, the *direct* perception of its essential meaning requires
a subtle internal shift of my mental state into the type of receptivity
of perception that's found with the emptiness of mind. The idea I'm
focused upon or the object I'm looking at, just prior to making that
mental shift, sets the stage, so to speak, of what I will be directly
perceiving. In other words, it "aims" my awareness at the essential
meaning of the object or idea, etc.

>> What is the nature of essential meaning, is it "living"? is it in
time? <<

It is infinite and eternal, manifest through an infinite number and
variety of finite, temporal forms, each of which expresses a finite
amount of its spectrum.