Re: Defining Hermeticism-self knowledge

Message 01906 of 3835

Dear Rawn:

I liked what you said about self-mastery, "Self-mastery is the process of
taking what was formerly un-conscious and making it into a conscious thing." I
once heard another definition, "Self-mastery is the process of allowing the
invisible to be made visible." Same thing!

Robert

Rawn Clark <rawnclark@...> wrote:
Dear Eric,

>> Self-knowledge is so important, is it only a 1st step to be taken ?(i
do understand the importance for being able to DO, and self-mastery) <<

Self is infinite, stretching from the personal to the Divine, so really,
the whole path of initiation is about Self-knowledge. IIH begins with
knowledge of the personal/astral self, then moves on to knowledge of the
Individual/temporal-mental Self, then to the Greater/eternal-mental
Self, and on to the Divine Self.

>> What is the relation between self mastery and Union with the divine?
is it to allow a proper "descent" of that particular power?, as a well
tuned instrument in a middle of an orcherstra? <<

Self-mastery is the process of taking what was formerly un-conscious and
making it into a conscious thing. This is absolutely necessary for the
advancement of Self-knowledge since the known Self must be expressed
with conscious intention. It, as you put it, is what that tunes the
instrument so that it can play its part in the orchestra.