Re: Working with the Elements - at home alternative to TaiChi

Message 01910 of 3835

Hi David,

Regarding your tail end of nowhere - no problem. FalunGong is an excellent form
of QiJong that has exercises similar to TaiChi and a similar energetic response
(actually, I believe it is more in tune with Hermetics specifically, given the
theoretical part echoes everything Bardon teaches and is inline with the
equally compatible Taoism). The exercises, and all theoretical bits and pieces
are all free for download - videos, documentation and everything.
www.falundafa.org, the particular path to enlightenment / wisdom along that
route is the cultivation method and it is excellent for helping strengthen your
will, resolve and concentration!

Enjoy,

Mark

David Yeh <ldreamr@...> wrote:
Hi,

> First would be eliminate caffine, smoking, alchol
> etc. Then it would be getting more in touch with both
> your Artistic Side & your Inner Femme, which varies
> for all.
> Overcoming a fire imbalance is never really easy.
> Part of it comes from the ideas above but you also
> need to think about Compassionate Living(like Buddhist
> Thonglen)and working on more receptive parts of
> yourself in any sphere, be it scrying or Tarot,
> walking meditation, cooking or going to a spa rather
> than gym.
> I hope that is some help.
> LVX
> Frater Serpentis Satori

I seem to be doing a very good job of having a Fire imbalance without
caffeine etc., thank you very much. :) I'm pretty "straight" except
for the huge problem of being a thought-addict.

I would look into tai chi, Rawn, except that I'm living in an area of
the country that is, as a friend put it, on the "trailing edge of
consciousness."

But being receptive in general, and turning my awareness to my
artistic side, is definitely a big weakness. I'm too analytical.
Just being present is difficult. Emptiness practice is helping but I
need to let it leak over into everyday life too.

Thanks for the advice,
David