Dudes

Message 01956 of 3835

Dear Rawn:

Thank you for your attention. It made me so happy receive your
answers, but I must to say I haven´t got very clear some things.
In your answer to my first question, you seem to consider correct
those attributions. Well, here in Spain there are two translations
of IIH, one translated by a person called Manuel Algora Corbí (the
Luis Cárcamo edition) and other translated by José Aguado (the
Mirach edition)and the two say things completely different about the
subject in the section under the heading "The soul or astral body".
The first edition says the following (I translate directly from
spanish): "The phlegmatic temperament is born from the watery
element, and the melancholic (temperament)is appointed to the
terrestrial element". Well, let´s go with the Mirach edition: "the
melancholic (temperament) is born from the watery element and the
phlegmatic (temperament) is atributted to the terrestrial element".
Well, after this exposition I have two questions to make:
1)What is exactly the right version and why?
2)Why do you seem consider like correct in your answer the second
version if the first is in total accord with the ancient tradition
of the four temperaments?
Well, thank you very much for your attention. :)

joa

- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Rawn Clark" <rawnclark@n...>
wrote:
> Dear Joa Adeptus,
>
> Welcome to BardonPraxis! :)
>
> >> 1)In a book called "Franz Bardon:questions and answers" I have
read
> the following related to the elements: "The melancholic
temperament is
> analogous to the Water element" and "the phlegmatic temperament is
> analogous to the Earth element". Is this right? <<
>
> Yes. He also wrote about this in the Theory section of IIH, under
the
> heading of "The Soul or Astral Body".
>
> >> 2)Is it really possible not thinking about nothing? It seems to
me
> impossible, because the mind is always thinking about something.
If you
> say that you are not thinking about nothing, then I suspect that
your
> thought is: "I am thinking about nothing" Am I wrong? <<
>
> Yes, you are wrong. Thinking "I am thinking about nothing" is
still
> thinking and that is not an emptiness or vacancy of mind. This
exercise
> *IS* possible as many here have proven through their own
efforts. :) I
> suggest that you visit the "Correspondence Excerpts" page on my
website.
> http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Corresp-Links.html There you
will find
> a lot of information about this exercise and others. I also
recommend
> my "Commentary Upon" IIH, Step One in particular.
> http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/IIH-Step1.html
>
> >> 3)The exercise of attributions to the elements of
charasterictics of