Re: Dudes

Message 01959 of 3835

Dear Joa,

>> Well, here in Spain there are two translations of IIH, one translated
by a person called Manuel Algora Corbí (the Luis Cárcamo edition) and
other translated by José Aguado (the Mirach edition)and the two say
things completely different about the subject in the section under the
heading "The soul or astral body". <<

:) There are also two different English translations (from the original
German manuscript) which, like the two Spanish translations, are
sometimes in conflict with each other. However, in this case, they
agree.

>> 1)What is exactly the right version and why?
2)Why do you seem consider like correct in your answer the second
version if the first is in total accord with the ancient tradition of
the four temperaments? <<

All I know is that in performing the work of the Soul Mirror, the
characteristics that Bardon listed for Phlegmatic indeed correspond to
the Earth Element, and those he listed for the Melancholic, to the Water
Element.

Nonetheless, these lists are really irrelevant since the student must
figure out the correspondences between the items of their Soul Mirror
lists and the Elements, on their own, without relying on any lists of
correspondences. In fact, lists of correspondences can be quite
misleading when it comes to work that is this personal and this detail
oriented.