Re: Lost the way?

Message 02000 of 3835

Dear Martin,

>> (one of my main problems is that I do find it difficult to
concentrate on more than one 'major' thing at a time - I have always
shifted from one project to another and then back again.) <<

Two things here. Number one, when we recognize a problem or a habit
that no longer serves us, it's time to *change that habit* but using our
failing as an excuse for continuing on in the same vein is not allowed.
;-)

Number two is that I suggest you don't think of your "spiritual work" as
a "major thing". If you put it in that category then you've immediately
set yourself up for problems. Instead, I suggest you think of it as a
necessity like feeding yourself or sleeping.

>> Now I suddenly feel I must refocus on my spiritual development and
have had a strong urge to read about esoteric/spiritual topics. I am
currently reading 'Hermetica' and 'The Book of the Sacred Magic of
Abramelin the Mage'. <<

I find it interesting when some one, with one breath, talks about the
books they're reading -- which takes considerable time -- and in the
next breath mentions that they don't have the time for their exercises .
. . Which is more important?

>> My focus on my spiritual development seems to wax and wane in six
month cycles and I do not know whether to accept this as the way things
are or find a way to change it. <<

Have you tried either of these options? Have you tried changing it, or
even tried accepting it?

>> Also, if I do find a way of incorporating the practice of IIH into my
life again, would you recommend starting again from scratch including
the re-working of my soul mirrors? <<

Yes, I would. However, it won't exactly be from scratch since you've a
pretty good idea what's involved and you know the process, etc. The
second time around, Step One is much easier. :)