Re: Lost the way?

Message 02016 of 3835

Dear Rawn,

Thanks for your reply. I've been mulling it over and everything
which you wrote makes sense to me. The only thing which I am not
entirely clear on is this sentence:

>>Consider this: every physical necessity has an underlying mental
necessity.<<

When I first read it I thought 'oh yeah, that makes sense', but then
when I really took the time to consider it, I was not sure I knew
exactly what you meant. Firstly, I am assuming that you are using
the word 'mental' in a Bardonian way, is that correct? If so, I
cannot quite understand what you are saying. Would it be possible to
give an example? I could have understood if you had said that every
physical necessity has an underlying mental *cause*... Do you mean
that there is a mental equivalent for every physical necessity? If
that' the case, I tried to think it through using some examples of
physical necessities, such as sleep. What would the underlying
mental necessity of drinking water be, for example? I'd appreciate
any further explanations on this topic that you could give.

Thanks,

Martin

Main Index | Thread Index