RE: Re: organizations

Message 02078 of 3835

From: "Daniel Gutmanas" <noxerus@...>
To: BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BardonPraxis] Re: organizations
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:04:58 -0000

Dear Darryl,

- how can they tell someone that his spirit is inferior
just because he is a member of a certain race, and has a certain
skin color?

Darryl,

Respecfully, please let me suibmit that it may be an error to suggest (even accidently) that the source of racism is from a belief that a particuler persons 'spirit' or 'person' or any portion of that whole is "inferior" b/c that person is a member of a certain race/creed/etc. It may be characterized as a *belief*. However, most beliefs are habitualised accidently over time and often based in fear and self-protection and all sorts of things.

THeir is an idea out there that each race brings with it its own gifts to the world of races. Everyone wants something that is particularly theirs and makes them feel special that they are responsible with the husbanding of. This often turns to Vanity of race thought when "seekers" <gag> come upon this idea (1880's ..?). It makes sense to them b/c they sense generalised egregores associated with belief systems surrounding races. They see the reflection of it in themselves. "Where did my pregudices originate from?"

On a more personality , average cultural racism level..
In my estimation, it may mainly (added to by ones own life experiences and reactions) be b/c of cultural parent to child assistence in being suspicious and perhaps even fearful of the particuler race's pregudices against others (blaming them for their own woes, fearful of the ignorance and aggression of others experienced in the past, generally EXPECTATIONS of the race behavior from other races toward ones own race, and ones own race expectation (vocabulary of behaviors accepted as understood even though hidden, towards others not of ones own race), etc..). "All races" do this. ANd there are always exceptions to this racism. "Well, X feels that way about Y, but YOU are different and X doesnt feel that way about YOU (X and Y being of different races and YOU being of race Y b/c of a more personal level experience).

That includes African towards Caucasion, Caucasion towards African, African towards Chinese or Koreans, Japanese towards Chinese, Chinese toward Japanese.. on and on ... Perhaps they justify this 'hidden and adopted emotional impulse' WITHIN thier 'spiritual' seekings BEFORE they recognise it. The death in it is perhaps best exemplified by those that KNOWINGLY incorporate it into their spiritual belief system.

On a persons personal level a reflection of the larger motivation :
I believe it may be akin to the phase many go through when becoming more self aware and romanticize the 'seperation of themselves from the mundane (others)'. I believe its really an immature (and sometimes perverted from their own angst, anger, pregudices, etc.) attempt to more fully experience the new phenomenon.. they muist seperate it from the mundane normal experience to experience it more fully and more 'raw'.

not b/c they FEEL OR believe they are 'superior'...
more b/c they are about to come face-to-face with the opportunity to master their own "Spirit of Vanity"... and eventually HOPEFULLY see it, and transmute it to some degree. (emotionally they may wrestle with this FEELING inside mentally knowing its silly and vain, but emotionally FEELING it anyway., etc. unti integrated and resolved and transmuted)

RACE LEVEL:
How long should it take a "race" to come face-to-face with its own "Spirit of Vanity and Pride" in its desire to reflect upon itself as different, special and unique USING another race as its mirror of seperation? Getting through the dross of perversion to the truth? God only knows. How long will it take each of us? What happens after that? In truth, we are probably ALL still approaching that truth.

Racism hurts. I have experienced it as well. Seeing that a persons heart is usually hidden from their own awareness, its often far more joyful to love them within their darkness and ignorance... more truely Love in action and w/o conditions. A wonderful opportunity to resolve our own fears and hurts and lessen our attatchments to THIER racist reactions and ignorance, as well as our own in reaction to our experiences with theirs.

Is it any less racist to further the racism of others be adding to our own belief in our own expectations and attachments to the hurt? Perhaps it would be far more profitable to address the source of the hurt within ourselves.. and love the racist (and I think that was your original email suggestion)

<phew.. i thought id never shut up>

Thank you,
:T: