Re: Impregnating Breath

Message 02208 of 3835

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "emcshadow" <emcshadow@c...>
wrote:
> Hi David and all!
>
> Some thoughts on impregnating breath... I offer these notes not as
> instruction, but as experience of a fellow explorer, there may be
> something you can use and, worst case, perhaps you may profit from
my
> mistakes.

Hi emc,

Thanks for posting your insights. They were very helpful because I
have found that I have had some similar issues, for instance having
problems generating an unadulterated thought stream, as you call it --
probably a result of my having glossed over that exercise (and now
I'm starting over again).

Plus I've never heard anyone say, "That wily Bardon," before. :)

Your third idea particularly resonated with me. I am realizing that
a flaw in my approach has been that I have unconsciously assumed that
if I am drawing something in from outside of myself, then I am
actually deficient in it. Kind of like gravity: the ball only wants
to drop, so I have to make a hole. I imagined that I could only fill
myself with a wish if I didn't have any of it inside me, ie if there
was that hole. So it became pretty self-defeating.

It still confuses me. I can, for instance, generate a certain state;
say my wish is "openness." I can cause myself to imagine and
experience openness. But then I have to imagine that it is outside
myself, and then bring it in again. This confuses me. How do I do
this without making the assumption of deficiency that I just
described, but also without making the breathing-in irrelevant?
Someone else described it as like charging a battery, which makes a
little more sense, but I would appreciate any clarification.

But maybe I can answer my own question ... Recently we have been
having problems with cigarette smoke from people who visit the other
family in our duplex. Totally apart from the physical effects of the
smoke, I find that I whenever I inhale smoke-tinged air, I
compulsively imagine ill health entering me. It's fairly automatic,
coming from my belief that cigarette smoke is bad for me. Now THAT
is powerful, because I am totally convinced of it; it may even
contribute to the physical symptoms I feel. And, conversely, when I
go outside to breathe in "good" air, I feel freshness entering me,
even though I can go outside at other times and not necessarily feel
that happen despite the fact that I'm breathing the same air. That,
too, comes from my utter conviction that the air I'm breathing in is
healthier than the smoke-filled air.

I think I do the same thing when I eat ice cream: "Ugh, this tastes
good but it's going to make me sick."

Now all I have to do is make it conscious and deliberate ... and
positive.

I haven't even thought about the MEANING of constantly assimilating
things from outside oneself. More food for thought.

Thanks for sharing.

David

Main Index | Thread Index