Re: Impregnating Breath

Message 02212 of 3835

Hi David,

> It still confuses me. I can, for instance, generate a certain
state;
> say my wish is "openness." I can cause myself to imagine and
> experience openness. But then I have to imagine that it is outside
> myself, and then bring it in again. This confuses me. How do I do
> this without making the assumption of deficiency that I just
> described, but also without making the breathing-in irrelevant?
> Someone else described it as like charging a battery, which makes a
> little more sense, but I would appreciate any clarification.

Perhaps another metaphor may be weight-lifting; you've done a nice
job of selecting a *quality* as your goal that will make this easier.
In fact, an individual human seems to be almost a hologram; we have
in ourselves all possible qualities in vestigial or more or less
developed states. When we lift weights we always start with *some*
strength and working with externals we enhance and develop this
quality towards a personal objective. The interaction of the person
and the weight creates an emergent effect.

By projecting conscious intent out onto a "tunable" medium that loops
back in through an assimilation circuit, we can discover a process of
leverage and feedback, of riding on a natural- magical pattern for
change, that is difficult (and requires different technique) to
create in-situ. We don't manufacture more force we attract/tap more
energy resonant with our intent. At least that's how I think of it.

One key I've found consistently useful is exactly the approach you
are taking: finding a metaphor that clicks with your own personal
history for making magic your own. The flip side is when metaphors
we've been conditioned with in mundane reality do our thinking for us
and create obstacles to exploring new ways to interact with
perception. An eye-opening account of this almost invisible process
can be found in a book called "Metaphors we Live by." An entertaining
read.

Another key is the charging seems to work like a generator, once a
sufficient baseline is established, the state seems to pull energy,
events and circumstances that maintain and enhance what we've
started. It seems we begin sending out "vibes" that create new
resonances in a positive feedback loop.

> Thanks for sharing.

You're very welcome, that's what this forum is all about :-)

-emc

Main Index | Thread Index