clarity of meditation

Message 02333 of 3835

Hello, I'm new here. I've been studing Bardon's method's for about
3 monthes now but some of his comments on meditation
in "Introduction to Heremetics" are a little ambiguous.
First, is "holding a single thought in your mind" the same as
visualizing a simple object like a triangle or square? If not I am
not sure what the second part of the Magical Mental Training in part
I is asking? could it be more of an intense feeling? I know this
is a hard question to awnser, any thoughts would be useful.

Also there seems to be a gradient of clarity during my meditations
(when I am attempting part 3 of step I, the evacuation of any
thoughts from the mind) and I have been wondering exactly what level
of concentration is necessary for the completion of this step.
It seems to be that there are about 4 levels of clarity
1)an intensly outlined picture, I rarely get these anymore and only
for a second at a time.
2)a stream of thoughts with no accompaning pictures, This happens to
me now and then, maybe once per 5-10 mins of meditation, but it
happens for around 10-30 seconds at a time.
3) Pictures that are seen but are pushed out of the mind so quickly
that they are barely considered, does this count at a "thought"?
This happens to me fairly frequently, maybe once per 30 seconds.
4) perfect clarity, this is where you have an absolute mental
vaccum. I can usually maintain this for between 10 and 30 seconds
then I will usually have something from #3 occur then return to this
state.

The way Bardon states it the hermeticist must maintain state #4
unbroken for 10 minutes or nearly so. This seems a bit difficult
for this stage of development doesn't it? I would expect it to take
1 or 2 years to attain that, am I doing something wrong or
interpreting him incorrectly?
Thanks alot for any comments you guys can make
-Dave

Main Index | Thread Index