Re: Remembering Aleister Crowley

Message 02382 of 3835

Dear Joa,

>> I think that today it´s inevitable for all the students of the occult
to remember that exactly one hundred years ago (on 8th April 1904), a
young man called Aleister Crowley began to receive a supposed revelation
in El Cairo (Egypt) from Aiwass, his Holy Guardian Angel: The Book of
the Law. <<

While I don't mean to offend your own set of beliefs, you have greatly
overstated when you use the words "inevitable" and "all" in this
context. :)

>> It seems that Bardon had a great respect for "The Great Beast"
because there´s a passage in IIH that has clearly the crowleian
influence: "Love is the Law, Love under Will". Bardon wrote this, but
curiously he didn´t make any
mention about Crowley. <<

That phrase is not original to Crowley. But even if he was in fact
quoting Crowley, there's no indication of exactly how Bardon felt about
Crowley.

>> I haven´t got very clear what is the "bardonist":) attitude on
Crowley. Did Bardon believe in the authenticity of that "revelation"?
What was really his opinion about Crowley and what was the real grade of
influence of Crowley on
Bardon in the creation of IIH? <<

Bardon didn't say.

>> Rawn, I have observed that you don´t make any mention on Crowley (for
example in your "anotated bibliography" there is not any book of
Crowley. To me, this is highly surprising because his influence on FB is
evident, like I said before). Do you consider him a black magician? What
is your personal opinion about him and his system of training? Can you
clarify me these points? <<

Personally, I find no value in Crowley's writings and I do not see any
"evidence" of his influence upon Bardon's system.

Hermetic initiation as Bardon presented it is not about following
another person's revelation. Instead, it is about empowering the
student's own abilities to attain their own personal "revelations".