Re: Application of Hermetic skills (Healing)

Message 02385 of 3835

Dear NB,

>> Before mentioning that the above rings a bell (ooops :-) let me ask a
basic question: could lymphomas (cancers of the lymphatic system) like
the Hodgkin disease also be consequences of a "reluctance to be
incarnate", since they are related to the immune system, and although
they are not auto-immune disease per se? <<

Cancers are a bit more complex than that although 'reluctance' does play
its part. I think in the vast majority of modern cancers, exposure to
environmental toxins play the major role. The second most important
role, when it comes to specific tumor formation and to the reformation
of new tumors after an original tumor has been removed, is an emotional
fixation of some sort. This is what, in many cases, focuses the
cancerous cells into a specific location and into a specific tumor.

>> Till now at least, I attributed this feeling of "not
being fully incarnated" to a lack in the Earth
Element. It's more complicated than that, then? <<

When we speak of a lack in an Element, what we're really saying is that
there is a character imbalance. The character traits *correspond*, by
analogy, to the Elements. What alters our astral Elemental balance is a
change of character. In other words, the cause is not the Element; but
rather, it is the character traits. Thus we change our Elemental
balance by changing our character, not the other way around. Imbibing
the Earth Element, for example, is *helpful* in this case, but it would
not create a *permanent* remedy unless the corresponding character
traits are transformed.