Re: Re: Remembering Aleister Crowley

Message 02386 of 3835

Dear Rawn,

Thank you very much for your reply. Well, it is not my intention, in any
way, to initiate here a polemic about the importance of Aleister Crowley in
the contemporary occultism because this forum is about the teachings of
Franz Bardon.
In any case, I would say that you musn´t be worry because you haven´t
offended
my own set of beliefs, simplely because I am NOT a disciple of Aleister
Crowley in ANY form. So don´t worry about that! :)
But trying to be honest to myself, I think that Crowley is, undoubtly, one
of the most interesting, fascinating and influential magickal minds of the
20th century, in other words, a genius. To me, there´s no doubt about
this.Yes, he was a very damage person: addicted to drugs, manipulator of the
persons, extremely arrogant, insincere, etc. But in my opinion, his "good
side" musn´t be underestimated: an extraordinary intelligence, the more
higher erudition, and an incredible talent and ability for magick. If
someone wants to write a history of the occult arts, in any way can ignore
the name of Aleister Crowley. It is impossible. That would be like writing a
history of "academic" philosophy with the exclusion of Platón, Aristóteles
or
Friedrich Nietzsche. In that sense I said that it´s "inevitable" for "all"
the students of the occult remembering to Aleister Crowley. If you are
sceptical about the influence of Crowley, you only have to take a look to
many of the nicknames and e-mail adresses of some persons of this forum; you
will find in them very clearly a crowleian reminiscence.
You say that the phrase "Love is the Law, Love under Will" is not original
to Crowley. Well, but then, whose is the original author? I know that
P.B.Randolph, a predecessor of Crowley had a similar phrase: "Will reigns
Omnipotent; Love lieth at the Foundation". Did you refer to Randolph when
you said that Crowley is not the original author? In any case, what Bardon
proclaims in IIH is not the Randolph´s formulation of the phrase. He says
clearly, as you know, "Love is the law, but love under a strong will" (I
translate directly from the spanish edition, literally).
Of course I am in total accord with you when you say that the genuine
hermetic initiation musn´t be about following the "revelations" of other
people. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Well, Rawn, thank you very much for your patience, help and attention!!!!!
;)

JOA