Re: Re: Remembering Aleister Crowley

Message 02389 of 3835

Dear Joa,

>> Well, it is not my intention, in any way, to initiate here a polemic
about the importance of Aleister Crowley in the contemporary occultism
because this forum is about the teachings of Franz Bardon. <<

;-) One of my duties as your fearless moderator is to assure that we
stick to our focus here, so there's really no danger of the BardonPraxis
taking such a diversion.

>> In any case, I would say that you musn´t be worry because you haven´t
offended my own set of beliefs, simplely because I am NOT a disciple of
Aleister Crowley in ANY form. So don´t worry about that! :) <<

As you pointed out, many of the BardonPraxis members hold Crowley in
high regard so out of respect I'm always a bit circumspect when it comes
to publicly discussing my thoughts about Crowley. Besides, how *I* feel
about Crowley and Thelema is irrelevant. :)

>> If you are sceptical about the influence of Crowley, you only have to
take a look to many of the nicknames and e-mail adresses of some persons
of this forum; you will find in them very clearly a crowleian
reminiscence. <<

Yes, I'm very aware of his influence.

>> You say that the phrase "Love is the Law, Love under Will" is not
original to Crowley. Well, but then, whose is the original author? <<

I don't know since that's not an issue that really concerns me. A while
back, there was a discussion on the FBM about this and someone came up
with an earlier quote that was closer to Crowley's version than
Randolph's, but I don't remember where it came from.