Re: Remembering Aleister Crowley

Message 02391 of 3835

Dear Joa and Rawn,

As much as replying to this specific topic is not something I feel
overly happy about (it's rarely ever a good idea to add fuel to a
fire), Crowley always brings to mind a notion I feel much need to
express - especially after an event earlier today proved to me that
awareness of this notion is much below the desired.

Astral balance is of utmost importance to any kind of true magical
progress. Without it, one is like a frail man wearing broken glasses
stained with random colors - not only he cannot see the road ahead,
he will be blown aside into the dark forest by the faintest gust of
wind.
I keep witnessing relatively large numbers of people who - in their
quest for magic - completely forsake development of balanced
character and high morals, and choose to pursue nothing but mental
prowess. Some stop midway, bewildered at their lack of progress.
Others, thinking they have done it all, are later lost to a
megalomanic frenzy of deliria.
I know very well that I do not have even a tenth of the required
experience to speak of this with authority - but life seemed to have
thrown everything but the kitchen sink at me, just to show me the
importance and meaning of the astral balance towards magical
development. Of course, it does add a lot of confidence to see this
notion written by Rawn everywhere too ;)
Still, nothing will defeat personal experience.

I know that this being a group dedicated to Bardon's teachings, the
teachings of balance, this whole post might be preaching to the
choir - but I felt I should write it anyway. :)

Sincerely,
Daniel

Main Index | Thread Index