Re: Digest Number 419

Message 02420 of 3835

Dear Johan,

Thanks for bringing up[ an interesting thread. I have enjoyed reading the dialogue. I thought I would add a couple things from my own perspective as a 'full time' 'healing practitioner'.

First of all, I don't think that healers can actually heal anyone. If we define 'healing' according to it's root meaning 'to become more whole', then how could we be so arrogant as to think we can make someone else whole? People ultimately must heal themselves, and resolving their issues and splits is between them and their Maker. This is something each of us must do for ourselves and no healer can do this for us, no matter how much we pay. So I don't think you can charge money for true healing, nor can we really 'heal' a person even if they do pay us. Holding to the misconception that we are 'healers' leads to real difficulties in the long run.

So if we are incapable of healing people, how can we charge for it? True healing is not a product or commodity, it is not something you go out and buy. If we hold ourselves out to the community as if we really do heal people, I believe we are doing everyone a disservice, especially if we charge for it. For example, your 'patients' will become dependent on you, and often disappointed because you can't deliver on your promise. You will get burned out eventually with this path and with your lack of success.

So what can we do? My experience indicates that we can 'assist' people in their own healing work, that we can shine light on the path that they must travel in order to heal, and that we can use the healing arts to palliate certain affections 'as a means to an end' ; but it is an end that that they must find for themselves. By serving in this way, we are part of their karma instead of attempting to rise above it.

From this standpoint, we can offer a service, but not a product. It
is a service that carries no guarantee or promised result. Can we charge money for this? I think we should re- frame the question 'Do we Need to charge for our services'? If so, then we should charge exactly what we 'need' to charge, as long as we are truly being honest with ourselves about what we 'need'. For example, I am someone who felt 'called' into the healing profession at an early age. When I examine my life, I conclude that I currently 'need' to charge for at least some of my time and services, especially because I need to distribute money in my role as a 'householder'. However, I perform my services in exactly the same fashion at times when I don't 'need' to charge. I also see that, as my life goes on and I develop, my needs change so this whole money equation may change for the better. In the meantime, I enjoy the chances I have to serve' free of charge'.

All the Best,

Eric

Not many people would be able to see what the patients karma is.
And not all disease is due to karma. So what right do I have to go
around starting to guess about what is caused by karma, and what not.
I take it that you meant that Pranic Healing does not conform to
Universal Legality? I do not agree. The healer cannot interfere with
the patients karma. No amount of healing I do will cure a patient if
his illness is due to his karma that has not been worked out.Worrying
about incurring karmic debt in this case would be like worrying about
incurring karmic debt every time one steps on an ant by accident:)
And as a healer one discusses these issues with a patient. I talk to
the patient and try to determine the cause of the illness. It is discussed
that if certain changes are not made then the illness might recur. I teach
them
about introspection and meditation etc. It is up to the patient to then
change
and learn. I must add that if I know what the problem is, and I know that
the
patient is unwilling to learn and change, then I would consider withholding
treatment. I have recently had a case like that with family.

What I meant was that if someone pays me to heal them, and I take the money,
then I have to do the healing. If they do not have the money and they should
ask for healing, then I have the choice to heal or not. It is important that
the patient not be burdened financially. I have no problem to heal for free
all the time. I put the same effort in every healing session I do. My point
is that
if I do not ask money, then the bank will repossess my car, I could not buy
fuel to go heal,
and my son and I would die of hunger:)
I did not seek support for my view, or care if anyone wants to pass
judgment:)
I just stated a point of view:)

I just wanted to repeat that I was in no way implying that TMO WG has
anything but the
best and most noble intensions.

My post are not meant to criticize or insult. These are my views now. They
may or may not change in the future:)
I do hope that those reading our posts will ponder these issues for
themselves.
Especially those in modern medicine:)

I thank you for your kindness and great replies Rawn.
You always make me think:)

Main Index | Thread Index