Re: The origin of ideas

Message 02522 of 3835

Hi,

It has been interesting to observe in myself that thoughts and ideas
seem to have a magnetic quality to them. For me this is particularly
noticeable in meditation, when I'm detaching from the stream of
thoughts. I find that when I begin to actually think a thought, it's
because the "seed thought" attaches to my feelings and underlying
beliefs in a way that is very similar to watching two magnets come
together.

To use another analogy, it's like my feelings and beliefs are the
nourishing soil that allows certain thoughts to flourish and others
to die.

But that's interesting, somehow I missed that statement of Bardon's.
I'll have to ruminate more on that one ...

David

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Basim" <basim326@y...> wrote:
> I was rereading the Theory section of IIH, keeping myself fresh and
> looking for new stuff to meditate on, when I noticed that Bardon
says
> that human beings aren't the originators of their own thoughts,
that
> the spirit acts as a receiver for the transmission of the concepts
> housed within the Akasha. Logically thinking, with the Akasha
> principle in mind, that makes perfect sense - but why is it that
some
> people only think of some things and not others? How does this
> explain, say, the mental tendencies and habits of a scientist and a
> mystic, if their thoughts come from the same source?
>
> My guess is simply that people interpret the information in ways
that
> they prefer (but then where does "preference" come from?). I'd love
> to hear others' input on this.

Main Index | Thread Index