The origin of ideas

Message 02518 of 3835

I find it rather interesting how one can, in the course of their
path, reread sections of Bardon's material that they know by heart
and suddenly notice, as if for the first time, a deeper meaning than
what they'd previously ascribed to it.

I was rereading the Theory section of IIH, keeping myself fresh and
looking for new stuff to meditate on, when I noticed that Bardon says
that human beings aren't the originators of their own thoughts, that
the spirit acts as a receiver for the transmission of the concepts
housed within the Akasha. Logically thinking, with the Akasha
principle in mind, that makes perfect sense - but why is it that some
people only think of some things and not others? How does this
explain, say, the mental tendencies and habits of a scientist and a
mystic, if their thoughts come from the same source?

My guess is simply that people interpret the information in ways that
they prefer (but then where does "preference" come from?). I'd love
to hear others' input on this.

Main Index | Thread Index