Re: Karma Kybalion

Message 02619 of 3835

Interesting question Dan. I don't have any deep knowledge concerning
the issue at hand but let me contribute an example to help with the
discussion.

Most of us cycle through good and bad moods. We like our jobs; we're
stressed by our jobs. We enjoy our families; our families drive us up
the wall. And so on.

If you deliberately cultivate thought habits that support a positive
perspective - - looking for good things in bad situations, etc (I
know this sounds fluffy but it's just an example), then you can
become polarized towards the positive end of your mood polarity. The
rhythm will still be there but now you oscillate from "very positive"
to "mildly positive" instead of from positive to negative. If you are
very good at polarizing your mood you'd see a kind of "ceiling
effect" in which the entire range of your moods is so positive that
you would hardly see any change as your moods swing. . . and thus you
would have neutralized your rhythm.

Similarly some of the worst dysfunctions I've ever seen have been in
families that have unconsciously polarized themselves towards the
negative.

>From the perspective of these examples, learning to polarize in this
way might actually be seen as a change that comes as a *consequence*
of learning a Karmic lesson.

Sincerely, /RM/

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "danerebor" <hornedfox@h...>
wrote:
> How does the Kybalion's axiom "Rhythm may be neutralized by an
> application of the Art of Polarization" apply to Karma?
>
> If a hermeticist neutralized the mental effects of Rhythm, would
that
> interfere with his or her learning a karmic lesson?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan :)

Main Index | Thread Index