Re: Qestions regarding Step One

Message 02793 of 3835

Dear Daniel,

>> 1. Since I have had some experience in meditation, when I do the TT,
it's more like EOM because few thoughts come out. So, Should I meditate
naturally - meaning most often directly go to the EOM stage, or do I
force it to stay in the TT stage. <<

This is a fairly common situation for those who have prior experience
with meditation. The mind, when under observation, goes quiet of its
own accord. This is also one consequence of the thought observation
exercise itself. However, the point of this exercise is the development
of your ability to maintain a consistent observation, whether your mind
is filled with thoughts or completely quiet.

So, no, you shouldn't devolve into EOM but should rather maintain your
observation of *whatever* happens in your mind.

>> 2. What is the duration of cold shower, should it be just enough time
(say 10") to get wet or last a few minutes? <<

If you read http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Cold.html you'll see the
purpose of this exercise is two-fold: to detoxify materially and
energetically and to stimulate the pores. So you will need to stay
under the cold water long enough to achieve these goals while not
overly-chilling yourself.

>> Could we replace the tower-rubbing with hot water shower? <<

The towel-rubbing does more than just warm the body. It also helps to
remove any dead cells that remain as well as stimulating the pores.

>> 3. What is exactly meant by "be able to observe your own thoughts for
at lest 10' without the slightest digression"? In another word: what
should be achieved through TT before we can go to the next step, in
plain English? <<

It means that you should be able to maintain a consistent state of
observation of whatever is happening within your mind -- without
interfering with what's going on, without any participation in what's
going on, and without any loss of your observer-mode focus -- for at
least 10'. The *only* thing you are to do for that 10' is *observe*.

>> Suggestion to Rawn: If there is a FAQ page, many of the repeated
questions might be avoided. A fast way to create the FAQ page is to
hyperlink FAQ to another page of your site at:
http://www.abardoncompanion.com/Corresp-Links.html. Is it feasible to
categorize the messages into different topics like IIH, Quabalah, etc.?
It will need too much effort to browse through the almost three
thousands messages just to find a specific answer. <<

;-) This is what search engines are for! On my homepage, near the
bottom, you will find a search engine with which you can search my
entire website. And on the BardonPraxis webpage, you will also find a
search feature with which you can search all the BardonPraxis messages.