Re: Hallucinogens

Message 02814 of 3835

This is an interesting topic- are organic "medicines" (for lack of a
better term) less harmful than synthetic?
The answer is no. As a physician who also uses herbal medicine, this
is an absolute (in general terms).
In general (but not always), synthetic medicines tend to be more
potent- in both their desired effect and in side effects. Contrary to
that, natural medicines tend to be much "dirtier" than synthetic- and
thus have many more side effects. So, it really depends on the
indavidual substances being compared. Also, most of the "mind
altering drugs"- with only a few exceptions, are natural substances-
just in varying states of modification and refinement.
What matters, is what chemicals you ingest- in what doses and in what
combinations.
Is there a spiritual side?- do the "vibrations" of a substance differ
if it is a product of "mother earth" or of a human lab? Hmm- what
about chemicals, fertilizers, pesticides, the poluted water we water
the plants with, the increased infrared from the dammaged ozone? The
plants we grow are still very people-modified. What about the
spiritual state of the producer of synthetic drugs? I don't think we
can make any clean distinctions.
Most mind altering substances harm most people most of the time- and
usually for a long time. Why mess with them?

> [The hallucinogens that nature provides, such as cannabis, amanita,
> peyote, etc., are another matter entirely. Some do have toxic
> effects (and others, tonic effects) upon the physical body, but
> these are usually not permanent since they arise from an organic
> substance that the body is naturally able to process. They do NOT
> damage either the silver or violet cords. Nor do they induce dis-
> integration. Instead, they *loosen* the bonds between the three
> bodies without damaging them. They organically force open the
senses
> of the astral and mental bodies, much like eating some Chinese hot
> mustard forces open your sense of smell.]
>
> What I was wondering is, can the loosening of the bodies be
> permanent, at least in the sense that until you actually fix them
> they'll stay that way? It looks that way from where I'm standing.
Is
> the elemental equilibrium going to fix this? I'd give it a solid
> Maybe but I'm really not sure... If not, what could I do to tighten
> my bodies back up again?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dylan

Main Index | Thread Index