Re: Bardonism and Mormonism

Message 02910 of 3835

Dan, might I suggest your question might receive a larger response on
Mormon-Mystic ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mormon-mystic/ ). They're a
friendly bunch, though their moderators do insist on courteous discourse.

>From my perspective, Mormonism can readily adapt to truth where-ever it can be
found; though members of the LDS church would probably be somewhat wary of
anything described as "magic" or the "occult." I think it would be primarily a
semantics problem: Mormons talk about "Gifts of the Spirit" not "psychic
talents," about "Receiving the Second Comforter" not "Conversation with the
Holy Guardian Angel," about "the Mysteries of Godliness" not "occult
philosophy," etc.

I'm a Bardon beginner. (I haven't really started IIH step one yet; I'm still
reading my way through first, as Rawn suggests.) But I am a Mormon and would
be happy to answer whatever questions I can.

Owens wrote another piece called, "Joseph Smith Kabbalah: The Occult
Connection" which is also available at http://gnosis.org/jskabb1.htm .

The opposing Orthodox Mormon view was published here:
( http://farms.byu.edu/display.php?table=review&id=229 )

But those are really just two people's views, there's a huge diversity of
opinion about lots of topics (as I'm sure you know) when it comes to Mormonism
or Christianity or Religion in general.

For what it's worth.

Jason Richards

___Dan___
> Recently I read an article explaining the Hermetic influence on
> Joseph Smith and Mormonism at http://gnosis.org/ahp.htm . I don't
> have any personal experience with Mormonism, so I have a question for
> anyone who does: how compatible is Bardonism and Mormonism? Do they
> have similiar outlooks and practices?

=====
Jason

"One man cannot do right in one department of life whilst he is
occupied doing wrong in any other department. Life is one
indivisible whole." --Mahatma Gandhi