Re: Bardonism and Mormonism

Message 02923 of 3835

There is also a yahoo group Mormon-Kabbalah. I see a number of people
interested in the origins of the Mormons and their unusual doctrines,
and a number of people using the LDS church as a stepping-stone to
moving on to something like Hermetics, Rosicrucianism, Kabbalah,
etc...

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Jason Richards <hiyya54@y...>
wrote:
> Dan, might I suggest your question might receive a larger response
on
> Mormon-Mystic ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mormon-mystic/ ).
They're a
> friendly bunch, though their moderators do insist on courteous
discourse.

> From my perspective, Mormonism can readily adapt to truth where-
ever it can be
> found; though members of the LDS church would probably be somewhat
wary of
> anything described as "magic" or the "occult." I think it would be
primarily a
> semantics problem: Mormons talk about "Gifts of the Spirit"
not "psychic
> talents," about "Receiving the Second Comforter" not "Conversation
with the
> Holy Guardian Angel," about "the Mysteries of Godliness" not "occult
> philosophy," etc.
>
> I'm a Bardon beginner. (I haven't really started IIH step one yet;
I'm still

http://gnosis.org/jskabb1.htm .