Re: Re: Reasons for evoking a particular spirit

Message 02988 of 3835

Dear Keith,

>> I the response below you made a statment that Bardon refer's to in
IIH that I never quite understood. In IIH, Bardon warns the magician not
to make contact with the beings of the elements before they contact him
(or her) first and he implies that if these instructions are not adhered
to, the undesirable consequences may follow. Why is this the case? <<

I suggest that you read my Commentary Upon Step Ten
(http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/IIH-Step10.html or pages 122-125 of my
first book).

In addition to what I wrote there, is also the issue of the magician's
own vulnerability at that moment. This will be the first time that the
magician enters an Elemental realm in such a manner. The magician must
leave their physical body and condense their mental body within the
Elemental realm. This means that the cords which connect the solitary
mental body with the physical body are being "stretched" to an entirely
new degree for the magician. Furthermore, the magician must fill their
mental body with the Element of that realm and this means that they are
very vulnerable to any influences that exist within that Element's
realm.

So the magician needs time to adapt to this new level of vulnerability
and to acclimate their mental body to the new environment. The time it
will naturally take for the magician to begin to see within the realm
and begin to observe the beings that reside there *is* the time it takes
for the magician to acclimate to the new environment. Once the magician
has factually reached the point of acclimation, the beings of the realm
will begin to notice the magician's presence. But still the magician is
vulnerable in that any negative reaction, from the realm to their
presence within it, will immediately cause an Elemental imbalance within
the magician. Thus the magician should still wait until the beings of
the realm initiate an interaction because, *it is at that moment that
the magician ceases to be overly vulnerable to a moderate influence from
within the realm impacting them and causing an imbalance*. In other
words, when *the magician* is ready and would not be harmed by such an
interaction, the beings of the realm will initiate an interaction.

The beings of the Elements have no human-like desire to harm others, no
human-like motivation to hurt the magician in any way. Their responses
are predicated upon the magician's own actions and *factual* level of
maturity. If the magician tries to exceed their own true level of
maturity, they will be stopped -- without human-like prejudice but very
matter-of-factly by the impersonal forces of nature which the beings of
the Element embody. Or rather it's not so much that they "will be
stopped" as it is that it is simply impossible to exceed such limits.
It becomes impossible for the magician to retain their autonomy within
the realm so either the magician leaves or they are "absorbed" by the
Element and, as Bardon put it, they become a Gnome.

>> How real are the consequences Bardon describes? <<

They are very genuine *possibilities*. However, it must be said that if
one has truly mastered each preceding exercise, then such experiences
would be *impossible*. :) His warnings are primarily for those who are
tempted to "dabble".

>> It sounds like this warning applies to the spheres as much as it does
the domain of the elements. <<

In principle, yes, but with experience, comes ease and the "time" it
takes to acclimate to each successive realm, decreases rapidly.