Re: small question

Message 03011 of 3835

Rawn....concerning this "deeper meditation," should a person finish
Step 1 before meditating upon a subject like this? Or am I being too
anal? And, if it is efficacious to begin this meditation now, can
you direct me to some material that will instruct me?

Thanks....

John

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Rawn Clark" <rawnclark@n...>
wrote:
> Dear Louis,
>
> >> I have this strange aversion to meditating on anything because I
am
> afraid that I will convince myself that something is true through
the
> faculties of the mind; deluding myself actually. I like the
conjecture
> because it helps me look at things through different angles. <<
>
> Well, conjecture (i.e., thinking about something from as many
angles as
> you can) *is* a very valid form of "meditation". :)
>
> At some point however, you will have to confront and make peace with
> this fear you that associate with deeper forms of meditation: i.e.,
> meditations that involve directly opening yourself to non-rational
or
> non-intellectual sources of insight. One way to do this is to
approach
> such insights very critically, question them exhaustively and do not
> accept them as *fact* or valid *until* you have verified them.
Through