VOM

Message 03279 of 3835

I found the last few posts interesting, as I have similarly felt a VOM
during previous meditations practises. I have no thoughts and the
longer I stay within it the more 'at-one' I feel. It also seems to
make everything a lot more clear, like my sight and my head and body
feel lighter. I have been persuing this for quite some time before I
came across Bardons work.

My questions are basically what is the difference between thought and
no-thought, ie how are they related?

Are they like two paths one leading to a centered state, and the other
through the myriad branches of thought to the circumfrence of the
centered state? Is one way better than the other?

Is it possible to live more and more through VOM?

I have tried this for some time with thoughts occuring still but with
my focus on VOM the thoughts only occur when neccessary, mainly from
outside of myself, and although it may be unrelated, it seems to
amplify synchronicity, ie lots of coincidences occur.

I tend to get a mild pressure between my eyes (third eye area) during
the VOM, after the exercise it dissapears and it feels the opposite,
light and clear, but it is not as bad as it used to be. Could this be
an imbalance of some sort?

( an unrelated point - After drinking a bit too much alcahol (!) I
started having extremely clear and colourful visualisations where I
could create scenes, and images would pop in to my head clear as
reality but with hardly any effort. I was slightly suprised but as
alcohol is firey it may partially explain why it affected visuisation?)

Main Index | Thread Index