Re: Preliminaries

Message 03405 of 3835

Very interesting reply.

Few comments here. How one is to *embrace* the change? A lot of
people said that it`s hard for them to discern between *their inner
voice* and outside thoughts. I would say that mental discipline and
exerisises described in IIH are very helpful in the situation like
that. Direct perception as well. Also it been noticed that a lot of
people fear changes becouse it would involve *merging* aka
*expanding*. They are afraid that they will loose their personality,
and this fear caused by the ego resistance.

Love is power,

Alex

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Rawn Clark" <rawnclark@n...>
wrote:
> Dear NKKA and Tami,
>
> >> I am not very sure what that last sentence means .If i
understand
> what you are saying correctly, fear of change prevents the
practitioner
> from accepting the potential "gain" from the practice ? Is that
waht
> you intended to say? <<
>
> Yes.
>
> Change is a Universal Force. It is omnipresent and omnipotent.
*Every*
> *thing* changes. All *forms* are temporary, only the essence of
form is
> eternal, thus *forms* are in a *constant* state of flux.
>
> The Universal Force of Change is positive -- unless it is opposed,
in
> which case, it is *experienced* as negative. But even if it is
> *experienced* as negative, it is ultimately positive.
>
> Most human culture instills within us the desire for everything to
stay
> the same, or at least close to the same. We equate the
familiarity of
> sameness with *safety* and *comfort*. We know our way around
sameness
> and we feel powerful because of it.
>
> Change threatens the safety of sameness and makes us feel less
powerful,
> so we instinctively shy away from it, deny it, ignore it and in
every
> way try to retain our safe sameness. By doing so, we set
ourselves up
> to *experience* the positive Universal Force of Change as a
negative,
> threatening thing that disrupts our safe sameness. When we fight
> against change, we *experience* it as a negative force; and since
it is
> omnipotent and we are no match against it, we feel less and less
> powerful.
>
> We come to *fear* change. And this prohibits us from
*experiencing* the