Re: Preliminaries

Message 03379 of 3835

Dear Rawn and group

>You started the exercises, got a certain ways, and then backed off.
>During the time you backed off, IIH never left you. It, and the work
>you did do, continued to affect you. Eventually, that continuous effect
>instigated sufficient changes within you and here you are, back to the
>exercises again. :)

It seems one has to go away sometimes to get a clear(er) vision.

>Ah, but *beginning* one's initiation is not equivalent to playing a
>Chopin etude. Beginning initiation (i.e, Step One) is akin to first
>learning what a piano *is* and what it is capable of doing.

Yes, but that can feel as difficult as a Chopin etude ;-)

What I tried to say about preliminaries was that one needs to get "in the
mood", needs to "warm up". We would do that before a session of martial
arts, or a concert. And that, as I see and feel it, is very much a
question of motivation and collecting yourself, remembering why you are
doing all this.

Stu

Main Index | Thread Index