Re: First 3 steps- questions-experience-clarification

Message 03390 of 3835

Hi Andrej,

I think I had the same problem as you. When I was starting the
first excercise I had trouble understanding it because I thought how
can I have any train of thought unless I'm actively involved in
making the train of thought? I don't see how any thoughts can appear
in your mind without your participation or you thinking them which
is active participation. So at the same time I couldn't understand
how I could just be a observer of my thoughts if I had to make up
those thoughts and so had to be actively involved. My problem was
understanding how I could be detached without totally stopping the
train of thoughts.

Ardeshir

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Andrej Klemensich
<andrejklemensich@y...> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> in the first step, in the mind exercise i have to observe the
ideas, the mind, but i still dont know what exactly this *observe*
means. Do i have to concentrate on this ideas? if not, i still must
*see* them. And to see them, i need to concentrate, or not? Thanks
for help.