Re: First 3 steps- questions-experience-clarification

Message 03398 of 3835

Yes it was helpful. I remember in the Questions and Answers Bardon
says that, I think, some type of thoughts don't originate from our
own minds but are picked out of the Ether.

I guess I should just get into a day dreaming mindset and just
observe and remember it.

Ardeshir

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "lux xul" <luxxul@h...> wrote:
> Another possiblity is that we ASSUME our understanding
of 'thought' and of
> 'ourselves' is significant enough to ascertain OURSELVES and our
awareness
> accurately and correctly. Since that 'understanding' is based upon
> possible set of inherent ignorances (a limited sphere of
understanding
> acting from a place of believing it understands itself and does
not see the
> fence surrounding and limiting its awareness), it believes it can
trust its
> own judgement and grasp something that only EXPERIENCE can
illuminate. Its a
> trick of the rational mind to reduce anything to ridiculousness if
it cannot
> be grasped by that finite persceptive quality.
>
> It has been my experience that there is much more to my mind and
to "my"
> thought (if it is "mine".. ??) than my personality and
consciousness grasps.
> Most growth is only determined as such when looking backwards upon
the time
> spent. Most growth happens when one is not paying attention. Else,
one may
> impede ones own growth. Consider learning to walk as a child.. did
we KNOW
> and understand or simply "do until done,..look back and
comprehend.."? We
> TRUSTED in others. Faith.
>
> My suggestion, temporarily suspend your own opinion concerning
such
> things.. rational grasping and understanding is overrated
sometimes as the
> be and end all of awareness. Its only your rational mind. Not much
in IHH is
> typically "Rational".. So, its a good place to begin suspending
your
> opinion. It may not serve u here to hold to your opinion, consider
it a
> "guardian" of sorts. Dont let it imprison you behind the doorway
that it
> guards. You can invite it back later on if u desire to. It is
possible.

> Then, TRUST and act in the belief that others who have bumped into
this same
> 'wall', passed it the same way. And u will as well.
>
> Your INTENTION is not necessarily always associated with your
AWARENESS of
> that INTENTION. Your INTENTION may be outside of your
personalities
> self-awareness. So, it would be outside the toolset (if u will) of
that
> persceptive 'vehicle'. Dont trust your opinion, just let it serve
u, try not
> to serve it.
>
> Thank you.
>
> I sincerely hope that helps some.
> Its simply my 'opinion'. ;)
> :T:
>

> >From: "sineadoconnorfan" <sineadoconnorfan@y...>
> >To: BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com
> >Subject: [BardonPraxis] Re: First 3 steps-
> >questions-experience-clarification
> >Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 03:08:08 -0000
>

> >I don't see how a thought or train of thought can originate by
> >itself without your own intention and involvement in the thought,

Main Index | Thread Index