Re: First 3 steps- questions-experience-clarification

Message 03397 of 3835

I'm not really a fan of rationality and the rational mindset
either. As far as imagining images is concerned I can see how you
can have that without actively creating them, but not with verbal
thoughts which you actually have to personally say/think.

I am still kind of confused about it because I don't see a train of
thought as something that you can be detached from because of the
fact that you're actively thinking it. I think Bardon wanted us to
get into a train of thought and just be aware of it and remember it.

Ardeshir

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "D. Lee Christopher"
<dleechristopher@c...> wrote:

> Being an overly analytical person myself, I can understand where
you
> are coming from. I only started understanding how to be the
detached
> observer by being the detached observer. What I mean is that at
some
> point I made myself stop the analysis; stop trying to figure this
> whole thing out. You're not going to get the answers that you're
> seeking by being the analytical scientist (if you will). Just
have a
> seat, relax, calm yourself, your breathing, your body, and just
let it
> go. It should only take a few times before you suddenly realize
that
> you were doing just what you tried so hard to understand. Then, of
> course, you've strayed from the exercise due to excitement, but it
> only gets easier with each attempt.
>
> I find the less time I spend worrying and analysing things to
death,
> the more time I spend actually understanding things from the
inside out.

> Let it go.

Main Index | Thread Index