Re: The first excercise

Message 03407 of 3835

Hi, yes it does help. From you said it's clear to me that you
understood the problem as I was describing it and so gave a reply or
answer that was helpful. I actually just had a image thought that I
didn't consciously intentionally will. The other problem that I
have with this excercise is not getting involved in the stream of
thoughts and cutting them off or stopping them. Do you have any
suggestions on that? Thanks again.

Ardeshir

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Photon" <shadowphoton@y...>
wrote:

> LVX
>
> Not all thoughts are provoked by our will. Maybe a memory
will
> arise unbidden, unasked for. Maybe a good one, maybe a bad one. Or
> you associate one thing with another, thoughts comeing forth, one
> after another. Most peoples entire days are filled with nothing
but
> this, a circle of thoughts, one thought, shaping from one thing to
> another.
>
> Watch your mind, any sound, any idea, any music stuck in your
> head, even the thought, the idea "im watching my mind". Your a
part
> of it all, but how much of that stuff did you Will into your mind?
> You have to relax your will and the grip/control you think you
have
> of your mind. Try to dispell those things, all of them, and exist
> purely as one with the things around you, in the moment, or even
one
> of them. Try just for a few moments, and youll see that you dont
have
> has much of a grip/active role in your mind and thoughts as one
would
> think. The song comes back, the imagery keeps going, the thoughts
> keep changing thier shape.
>
> One you can see how you have less control than you think, the
> first step to control is the first step itself, which is to watch
> these thoughts. Dont tell them to do anything, dont stop them if
they
> become unpleasant or boring, because those things in itself will
> bring more thoughts. The mind responds to emotional stimuli, and
vice-
> versa. In other words, you dont have to will anything because it
will
> just happen, because already your thoughts have a 'will' of thier
own
> until you get further in the exercizes and can begin to shape them
> and move them with your will.
>
> Hope this helps.
> LVX
> Frater ha-sufah
>
> --- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "sineadoconnorfan"
> <sineadoconnorfan@y...> wrote:
> >
> > But if anyone can give me a specific clarification of my problem
> > with the first excercise I would appreciate it. My problem is
that
> > I don't see how we can have a train of thought without being
> > actively involved in imagining it, so then I don't understand
how
> we
> > can be detached from a train of thought when a train of thought
> > requires active participation in imagining it. Thanks for your
> help.
> >
> > Ardeshir

Main Index | Thread Index