Re: The first excercise

Message 03406 of 3835

Thanks for your reply. You understood what my problem was from how I
described it and so your suggestion is a solution, and I'm going to
use it and see where I can get with it.

I didn't really start working on the initiation by working on all
three levels at the same time. I just experimented with the first
mental excercise to see how it would be. I didn't do the excercise
correctly and it just turned into a emptiness of mind excercise
where I was cancelling out all the thoughts that came into my head.
It had a very relaxing result but that was the only positive of the
excercise, I had it wrong. Thanks again for your help.

Ardeshir

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <seawinder@h...> wrote:

> >how we can be detached from a train of thought
>

> If you are able to know that you are detached from a train of
> thought, then you are at a certain stage of development... but no
> matter where one is one must attack personally the exercise of
Step
> 1. So, from where you are, emptiness of mine, with 'no' thought
> occuring at all... ask yourself this... (when you're there, not
here
> and now in logicizing it all in typing)..
>
> Just say;
> There is no thought, without my thinking of a thought.
>
> relax and immediately listen in the silence.
> Do it a couple of times, there 'should' be a voice repeating what
you
> just said. Now... 'there' is a place to go to. Go to that place
where
> the thought was repeated. Listen to it, again and again, just let
it
> repeat it and anything else that it is saying. You should be able
> tolocate some place in yourself that is making these statements.
>
> If not, then it is entirely possible that you are not doing these
> exercises but just thinking about doing them soon in the near
future
> and this is your preparation work, and you are intellicizing it.
If
> that is the case then that is where we are not addressing what you
> are asking. Because we are giving you instructions in experiencing
> it, as we are experiencing it. If you are not into experiencing it
> but just in logicizing it then that is another matter.
>
> Logicizing. There is a still, quiet voice within each of us. There
is
> a voice of our merged mind, thought, feeling, experiential
humanity
> past, and fantasy future. All of these are different aspects of
> thought that are possible and we use these merged functions to
speak
> and think and communicate to ourselves as well as others. The
Bardon
> methodology is concerned with doing inside mental work in locating
> the occuring place of each of these (and other) functions. Once
> located they can be controlled once one has learned to apply
oneself
> to the basic tenents of nature. This, as well as having access to
> higher sense of virtues is all that the methodology is all about.
>
> So, the first Step is closing ones eyes and facing the fact that
one
> thinks. How does one think? Where does one think from? Follow one
> thought and find out for yourself. For it is only in finding for
> yourself that you know. And the prize is knowing.
>
> Be well,
> Chuck

Main Index | Thread Index