Re: The first excercise

Message 03401 of 3835

LVX

Not all thoughts are provoked by our will. Maybe a memory will
arise unbidden, unasked for. Maybe a good one, maybe a bad one. Or
you associate one thing with another, thoughts comeing forth, one
after another. Most peoples entire days are filled with nothing but
this, a circle of thoughts, one thought, shaping from one thing to
another.

Watch your mind, any sound, any idea, any music stuck in your
head, even the thought, the idea "im watching my mind". Your a part
of it all, but how much of that stuff did you Will into your mind?
You have to relax your will and the grip/control you think you have
of your mind. Try to dispell those things, all of them, and exist
purely as one with the things around you, in the moment, or even one
of them. Try just for a few moments, and youll see that you dont have
has much of a grip/active role in your mind and thoughts as one would
think. The song comes back, the imagery keeps going, the thoughts
keep changing thier shape.

One you can see how you have less control than you think, the
first step to control is the first step itself, which is to watch
these thoughts. Dont tell them to do anything, dont stop them if they
become unpleasant or boring, because those things in itself will
bring more thoughts. The mind responds to emotional stimuli, and vice-
versa. In other words, you dont have to will anything because it will
just happen, because already your thoughts have a 'will' of thier own
until you get further in the exercizes and can begin to shape them
and move them with your will.

Hope this helps.
LVX
Frater ha-sufah

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "sineadoconnorfan"
<sineadoconnorfan@y...> wrote:

> But if anyone can give me a specific clarification of my problem
> with the first excercise I would appreciate it. My problem is that
> I don't see how we can have a train of thought without being
> actively involved in imagining it, so then I don't understand how
we
> can be detached from a train of thought when a train of thought
> requires active participation in imagining it. Thanks for your
help.

> Ardeshir

Main Index | Thread Index