Re: [Planar Problems &c]

Message 03456 of 3835

Rawn,

Many thanks for your elucidation; it was most helpful. My feeling of intense confusion and dilemma seems to have abated (for now!) and I attempted the breathing exercise once-more about an hour ago for a 15 minute period.

Having read your reply (below), I also consulted the correspondence links on the Companion site, finding a few key excerpts on Eucharistic Magic and the Akasha-Mind connexion, which were most helpful. I think some of my difficulty with getting started on this exercise lay in a confusion over what I was trying to ask in the first place - that is, not simply being unable to accomplish X, but being unaware of what X was to start with.

The notion of EM being Akasha-Mind, yet also a Physical ex. (air as the vehicle for ideation, as I believe you phrase it Rawn) is certainly revelatory, and indeed clarifies in the permeating nature of Akasha, and the interconnectedness / mutual relation between the planes.

I am surrounded by scraps of paper with pencil scrawled all over them - I was scribbling away on just prior to posting my planar question ... let's just say I can rub out the majority of confusion, which is a helpful sign. I am left with more tangible questions, many of which need to be answered by myself, no doubt.

What I noticed from my attempt at conscious breathing originally was the difficulty in the ideation itself (which hardly surprises me, I might add - it's not exactly something I've done before!). The best way I can describe it is my struggle to find the correct 'mode' of thinking - I've moved away from the mantric confusion of my first attempt (repeating 'health' a lot while breathing!) towards what I see as a more 'accurate' approach. Problems with eye strain (thinking of the idea being impressed on the air resulting in my eyes wanting to see through the lids - still a bit of a problem) seem to have abated slightly, and I think I'm touching on the 'right attitude' - momentary glimpses of the exercise feeling 'right'. We'll see; as expected, I can't rationalise how to do it right, I have to explore practically.

I'm not sure if the above has any questions buried in it or is merely a stream of consciousness (apologies either way!) but what I can say for sure is that your reply, Rawn (as well as Chuck's most helpful clarification on my third question re: vibrations, different forms of Akashic emanation not pertaining to 'purity') has certainly helped in directing my practical attempts at this Step 1 physical exercise in a positive direction.

So, while no doubt still being quite confused (for example, I had another question to pose, but I've conveniently completely forgotten it!) I'm very appreciative of the aid that's been given. Many thanks again!

Warm regards,
Marc