Re: Re: Ankhur

Message 03777 of 3835

Dear Joel,

>> I understand, and I agree with you, but concerning the method used
for those beings to teach the magician, and pass to him skills,
powers..faculties..etc.. is it a system like IIH, or it is the Ankhur?
(I understood Ankhur as some kind of magick ritual that that the being
make the magician possess the same faculties..etc...as him
instantenously, or at least, in a very fast way). Am I right? Could you
explain this better Rawn? <<

As a step in true initiation, Evocation is a practice which expands the
*magician's* awareness. As the magician evokes an entity they are
simultaneously expanding their own self-awareness to the point at which
it then encompasses the aspect of the planetary zone that the entity
personifies. When this *truly* occurs, all of the attributes (powers,
abilities, etc.) that the entity personifies become aspects of the
magician's own self and the magician is then able to wield those powers,
abilities, etc. for themselves. At first, this will be perceived as an
Ankur (i.e., as the entity immediately passing their attributes to the
magician) but in truth, this is not an Ankur but rather, is due to the
magician's own expansion of self. And with accumulated experience, the
magician comes to distinguish between the true Ankur and the
self-directed expansion of their own awareness.

Some entities possess the special ability to pass a true Ankur to a
magician who is not yet capable of expanding their own self awareness
(i.e., a magician who has not yet reached the level of maturity
required). In effect, this forces an expansion of the magician's
awareness and can, in some cases, be detrimental to magician.

Most entities however, will *reveal* information to an immature magician
instead of forcing them to expand with an Ankur. In this case, the
magician must apply what is learned in order to gradually expand their
awareness sufficiently to wield the abilities the entity has exposed
them to (i.e, an IIH-like process).