Re: making the magic mirrors

Message 03802 of 3835

Dear 'enigma385101',

>> For as long as I can remember I've had trouble with introspection.
When I was in school we used to always have to tell things about
ourselves or write down descriptions of our character and I would just
take an F on it because I simply could not describe myself. If anyone
has tips on how to look within and see yourself as you truly are I would
greatly appreciate the advice. Also I've tried retrospective exercises
to see how I interacted with others hoping to notice my own character
but I have horrible memory problems and often cant recall what I did
during the day without great efforts. All advice is appreciated <<

In the few sentences you wrote above, have you not described some things
about your character? Granted this doesn't quite reach the depth of
self-analysis necessary for Step One but it does indicate that, contrary
to your *beliefs* about yourself, you do have the capacity to
introspect. You have also written about how you were in the past during
school so you are also, obviously, capable of retrospection to some
degree.

It sounds to me that you are putting up your own blocks in front of
yourself and that these blocks probably have to do with how you are
conceiving the exercise. This is *not* school and there is *not* a
teacher criticizing your work! :) I suggest that you simply sit
yourself down and do your best -- and remember that there's no one
waiting to give you an 'F'.