sense of smell

Message 00198 of 3835

Hi Everyone,

I've been struggling with the sense of smell exercise in step 2 and have
some questions. I can separate a smell from the other sense and can hold on
to it for a few seconds. But even though when I start, the smell if
relatively strong, it quickly fades away and I eventually lose it. It's like
in real life, when you've been in a room with a particular small, after a
while you can't smell it anymore. So how do I keep on to the smell for
longer?

I'm also doing another mistake, where I try to smell with my nose, which
brings the smell of my surroundings and makes me break concentration. I need
to find my "mental nose", but I can't seem to and it's really frustrating. I
think once I do that it will help retain the smell for longer too. So any
suggestions or tips about that exercise are most welcome.

Best wishes,
Vania

Main Index | Thread Index