Re: Recurring fear

Message 00227 of 3835

Dear NB,

I apologize for not having replied earlier but I was consumed by the
work of getting the latest Lesson in the Archaeous series recorded and
posted. I'm back now though. :-)

I really don't see any point in conceptualizing this recurring fear as a
"larvae". It's simply a habitual learned behaviour, nothing more, and
is best dealt with on that level.

Auto-suggestion would be helpful in addressing this habit with a phrase
along the lines of "I am stronger than my baseless fears."

I also suggest that when you sit down to meditate, you begin with a
meditation about your fear of disruption. Explore this fear and get to
know it thoroughly. *And then consciously let go of it.* Simply
release it and begin your regular meditation. Each time during your
regular meditation that this fear presents itself, recognize that you
are experiencing this fear, recognize that it is a pointless and
unnecessary fear, release it and then return to your meditation. This
WILL break the *habit* of this fear.

>> I know this sounds quite pathological, <<

No, it doesn't sound "pathological". ;-)

>> ...And I realize now that I was never 100 % in my previous practices,
regardless of what I may have believed at that time, and that this fear
was present at the back of my mind all the time - even outside my
meditations. Always unconsciously looking above my shoulder, so to
speak. <<

This would constitute an "interruption" of the mental exercises.

>> I obviously tried to look at the elements-related components (Fire
and Air and Water maybe, not to speak about Earth :-), <<

To my mind, this would relate to the Earth Element.

>> How can I suppress that fear ? <<

Suppressing an irrational fear doesn't resolve anything in the long run.
It might get you through the immediate moment, but a suppressed fear has
a nasty way of resurfacing. An irrational fear must be *confronted*,
head on, and *transformed*. Its power over you must be diffused through
challenging it and thereby *proving to yourself* the fact of its
irrationality.