Re: correspondence

Message 00238 of 3835

Wow, a chance to be useful! Sweet.

I've practiced martial arts for a while. "Chi" is, indeed, vital
energy (and equates to Bardon's definition, to an extent), but there
are two other energies that esoteric Kung Fu practitioners make use
of that most people aren't aware of, for hwatever reason: "jing"
and "shen."

Jing, put simply, is matter - not immovable, immutable matter, but
rather something that's easily changed. I'm not articulating it very
well, but it's how esoteric martial artists explain how they break
boards, bricks, ice blocks, and so on - one can accumulate this sort
of energy by exercising in certain ways, so it doesn't really require
much in the way of occult knowledge.

Shen, on the other hand, directly relates to the spiritual, and
corresponds easily with the Astral Plane. Dragon-stylists of the Five
Animals schools work with this, I think.

Chi you're familiar with - it's life force, more or less.

In any case, I'm pulling all this from memory. I hope it's helpful;
I'll post again after I'm able to do a bit of research.

- Basim

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Rawn Clark" <rawnclark@n...>
wrote:
> Dear Stu,
>
> >> I have gotten used to thinking in terms of Yang and Yin. Now, can
> these concepts from East be equated with "electricity"
and "magnetism"