Re: The little wonders + question

Message 00486 of 3835

Dear Vovin,

>> Another thing in relation to impregnation, is that nowadays
locations "speak" to me. I really don't know what better way to put
it. Places, things, and people "speak" to me through the vibe they
give me. The whole vibe thing is like a two-way communication with my
surroundings and myself. Everything is _alive_!
This might sound insane, but it seemed quite logical when it happened
this morning: I was entering the building where I work, which has
this great entrance-hall. It communicated to me "I am majestic and my
purpose is to be majestic; but my roof could/should be reconstructed
to make me look more majestic!". Since I now know how it feels to
_project_ ideations from myself, I can also tell when they don't
originate from me; I can honestly say that the location _itself_
projected the ideation I just described. Freaky, huh?! <<

This is what I would call an "indirect perception of essential meaning".
By "indirect" I mean that it is filtered through the subjectifying
layers of perception and translated into words/thoughts/feelings. This
is the perception of essential meaning whilst within your normal waking
consciousness, as opposed to the direct perception that occurs during
the emptiness of mind. A much more visceral experience!

Quite literally, EVERY thing communicates in this way if you have the
ears to hear. And as you've noted, it's a two-way street. In other
words, *you* can consciously communicate your own essential meaning with
EVERY other thing.

>> Nowhere have I read that the practice of IIH would lead to results
like this... and I am only just beginning on Step II!!! <<

;-) Ordinarily, it doesn't but we are each different in terms of what
we have or have not accomplished in our past lives. The early work of
IIH will often bring forth latent abilities.

>> Finally, I have a question regarding Step II concentration on smell
(olfactory) exercises. While visual concentration is easy to understand,
since its medium is constant input, I have problems figuring out how I
am going to perform the olfactory exercises. Since smell is dependant
upon inhalation through the nose, wouldn't it be very difficult to
simulate a constant concentration on smell? Does anyone have any advice
on this matter? I hope I've made the question comprehensible. <<

The trick for me at least, was to focus my attention in the sensory
organ itself. For example with the visualization exercises, your focus
is primarily within your visual faculty, so with the other exercises
your focus will primarily be in your auditory faculty during the hearing
exercises, your olfactory faculty during your smell exercises, etc.

Choose an odor to begin with. Spend a few moments smelling it
intensively, paying very close attention to the effect that it has upon
your sinuses and your olfactory apparatus. Note where in your sinuses
it effects you and how this effect is felt, etc. Then try to replicate
this effect with your imagination alone. At first you will be tempted
to inhale through your nose as you replicate the sensations with your
imagination. This however, becomes unnecessary with a bit more practice
and as you focus more completely upon the sensation within your
olfactory itself. Eventually you will be able to continuously maintain
the imagined odor independent of your breath.