Re: Introspection and elements

Message 00762 of 3835

Dear Rawn,

> Hot and Cold do indeed speak of activity and rest, positive and
> negative, but your association of Wet and Dry with motion and
stillness
> is really no different than the active/passive polarity. In other
> words, you're just renaming the same concepts.

You are probably right as usual, but doubtlessly important part of
initiation is 'making it your own', something I heard many times on
forums like this one or on your website maybe. And there is nothing
more personal and individual in IIH then work of soul mirrors. So
while active and moving sounded like the same thing to you, I had a
different vision of term 'moving', something that made quite sense
for *me*. And with this system it was easy to define place of each
single item. The results sounded 'right'.

> Here's another way of looking at the polarity of 'wet' and 'dry'
which
> may serve to deepen your meditation on the subject:
>
> A 'wet' thing is full of moisture. A 'dry' thing holds no
moisture. A
> 'wet' thing is not capable of absorption; instead, it expresses
> moisture.. A 'dry' thing IS capable of absorption and is in fact,
> "thirsty". In other words, 'dry' consumes moisture. Fire, which is
> both 'hot' and 'dry' is therefore actively consuming. Whereas,
Water,
> which is both 'wet' and 'cold' is passively giving. Earth, which is
> 'cold' and 'dry', is passively consuming; and Air, which is 'hot'
and
> 'wet', is actively giving.

This system sounded very logical at first, then I had some trouble
when trying to implement it and now I came to conclusion that it is
working well on large picture but its harder to place small,
individual items into elemental cathegory. And results usually defy
my previous ones. As for what I mean by large picture... here are my
associations with your terms of active/passive and giving/consuming
for both mirrors:

Negative mirror:
Fire = actively consuming = greed
Water = passively giving = meekness
Earth = passively consuming = lazyness and bigotry
Air = actively giving = gossiping and scattereness

Positive mirror(sorry, this will be a bit more rough):
Fire = actively consuming = initiative
Water = passively giving = generosity (material or any other sense)
Earth = passively consuming = umm.. persistence and respect?
Air = actively giving = courtecy and enthusiasm?

Those are the general characteristics, and I had to look for them
only when it became clear to me that I will hardly apply your
solution on every single soul mirror item until I find
general 'moods' for those polarities.
Well, in the end, every solution to this problem is just one of
possible systems but I'm starting to get the hangs of this one.
Thanks for broadening views.

Main Index | Thread Index