Re: Questions, questions, questions

Message 00954 of 3835

Yes, they do have planetary associations, and indeed represent the
astrological properties of the planets, which are the result of the
activities of planetary spirits in the astral realms of the planets
being somehow transmitted on their magnetic fields. This is obvious from
the meanings of the names of the sefirôth. The Qabbâlistic Tree of Life
is from the Sêfer Yetzîrâ, which mentions the 7 anciently known planets,
but does NOT say which planet corresponds to which sêphirâh.

The Sêfer Yetzîrâ, translated in full in Manly P. Hall's The Secret
Teachings of All Ages (1928), p.113-24, enumerates and describes the
sefîroth (but their names are due to commentators), calling them 10
"spheres" of existence and divine "emanations" of God in the creation of
the universe, meaning planets. It names the 7 anciently known planets
(i.e. not Earth, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) and the 12 signs of the zodiac,
but does not link the planets to specific sefîrôth. (I have also read
its original Hebrew text.). It cannot have anything to do with "magic",
contrary to the speculations of (among others) Dr Israel Regardie's The
Tree of Life (1969 and A Garden of Pomegranates (1971) and The Middle
Pillar (1985). The possible exception may be in connexion with sefîrâh
no.1 representing Pluto, and the paths together representing Moon-Pluto
aspects (the middle vertical paths, from sefîrâh no.10 to no.1 via no.9
and no.6)

Hall's commentary on the "Tree" gives two alternative sets of
correspondences linking the 7 anciently-known planets to the sefîrôth,
assigning the three highest (nos. 1, 2, 3) sefîrôth to (instead of
Uranus-Neptune-Pluto), the "Zodiac", the "First Motion", the "Fiery
Heavens", with one of them linking the lowest (no. 10) sefîrâh to the
"Elements", but without justification. These planetary correspondences
are from The Kabbalah Unveiled by Samuel L. MacGregor Mathers
(1887/1926, transl. from the Latin Kabbala Denudata by Knorr von
Rosenroth, 1678), and La Kabbale/The Kabbalah by Adolph Franck (1926
transl from 1843 French). Dion Fortune in The Mystical Qabalah (1935),
and Israel Regardie (above) follow MacGregor Mathers, who founded the
occult Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn in 1887.

These alternative planetary-correspondence schemes are discussed further
in A.E. Waite's The Holy Kabbalah (1929/1960), p.54; but neither give
satisfactory correspondences between the planets' natures and those of
the sefirôth, or use Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Arcturus and the Galactic
Center. The three outermost planets cannot be omitted simply because
they were still undiscovered when the Sêfer Yetzîrâ was written down.
Through matching the natures of the planets with the meanings of the
Hebrew names of the sefîrôth derived by commentators from their
descriptions, and the latters' heights on the "Tree of Life", I propose
the following much more logical planetary correspondences, instead of
the various schemes of Franck, MacGregor Mathers and others. The
latters' cannot be authoritative because they omit Uranus, Neptune,
Pluto, Arcturus and the Galactic Center (if this table does not transmit
well, I can send it as an attached DOC or RTF or PDF file):

PLANETARY CORRESPONDENCES OF THE QABBÂLISTIC SEFÎRÔTH

Sefîrâh No.     Meaning Planet  Planet's Meaning        Planet's Color

?Aîn Sôf ?Ôr    0       InfiniteLight Arcturus/G.C. Developing,Excellency
Ultra-violet

Kether 1        Crown   Pluto   Consciousness   Violet

Kochmâ 2        Wisdom  Neptune Mysticism       Indigo

Bînâ 3  Understanding,  Uranus  Psychicism      Gray-Blue-Green

Gebûrâ 4        Severity        Saturn  Judgement       Black,Infra-red

Chesed  5       Mercy   Jupiter Providence      Azure-Blue

Hôd 6   Glory,Honor     Sun     Vitality        Yellow

Netsâ   7       Victory Mars    Madness,Desire  Red

Tif?êreth       8       Beauty  Venus   Love,Attraction Green

Yesôd   9       Foundation      Mercury Mind Gray,Mixed

Malkûth 10      Kingdom Earth&Moon Flesh&Subconscious   White

The 22 paths between the 10 representing planets do not link all 45
possible pairs (maximum possible number of aspects in a horoscope) of 10
planets (or 55 pairs including Arcturus). The other 23 possible pairs
may be represented by combinations of paths. Noting again that the Sêfer
Yetzîrâ itself does not link individual planets to, or give the actual
names of, specific sefîrôth, this arrangement of the names and numbers
of the sefîrôth and corresponding planets is logically based on their
heights and descriptions, not on the above references, amongst which
there is so much disagreement. Hôd = Glory-Honor, corresponding to the
Sun, is logically at no.6, the most central position on the Tree, and
directly linked to all other planetary sefîrôth except the lowest
(no.10).

This planetary sefîrôth arrangement on the "Tree of Life" illustrates
the logical order of progression of soul evolution through successive
planetary sojourns, going upwards. Development from Earth-Moon, through
(in spirit dimensions) Mercury and Venus and Mars thus has to be
attained before development in the five outer planets, Jupiter to Pluto,
and thence other systems via Arcturus, can be properly attempted. The
extent of soul evolution up to one's present Earth life is generally
(but not always) reflected in the existence and quality of
inter-planetary aspects in one's horoscope.

There is thus a hexagonal arrangement of the Sun's and 5 outer planets'
sefîrôth, being the more important bodies due to all except Pluto having
much stronger magnetic fields and moments than Moon-Mercury-Venus-Mars.
This signifies that the horoscope of an already perfected soul,
reincarnating on Earth voluntarily, should theoretically have, at the
minimum, Sun, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, arranged in an
approximate grand hexagon, grand trine, or similar. The paths from the
Sun's sefîrâh to those of all 5 outer planets shows that such a person's
horoscope should have Sun sextile, trine, opposite, or conjunct (but not
square or minor aspects) all 5 outer planets; preferably with also most
of Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars either also in good aspect or at least
not excessively adversely aspected.

An example of such a person with such a horoscope is the 14th Dalai
Lama, born 6th July 1935, at approx. 6.00 a.m. (ST -7), at Takser, Amdo,
Tibet (Lois Rodden's Astro-Data II). He also has such a virtual grand
hexagon configuration, allowing a 12º orb for Sun conjunct Pluto, with,
then, Sun trine Jupiter trine Saturn sextile Uranus sextile Moon/Neptune
conjunct Pluto. Nearly all his planets aspect Sirius, the brightest star
in the sky as seen from Earth, not Arcturus, with Sun almost exactly
(within 0º15') conjunct Sirius and favorably aspecting the five outer
planets and Moon; the spiritual consequences of this correlate well
with Alice A. Bailey's "love-wisdom" influence of Sirius, and H.P.
Blavatsky's calling Sirius "the star of the Buddha".

Several planets aspecting Arcturus/Galactic Center, corresponding to
?Aîn Sôf ?Ôr (no.0) which is above sefîrâh no.1 corresponding to Pluto,
would indicate soul evolution sufficient to enable one to escape from
this solar system altogether, or having previously done so.
Additionally, Sun favorably configured with all 5 outer planets, as well
as Arcturus, denotes one who has already attained sufficient perfection
to have no further need to reincarnate or for spirit planetary sojourns
anywhere, through sojourns either largely in other solar systems, or in
this solar system and then going on to others, with presently an
entirely voluntary mission on Earth.

The above is excerpted from a book manuscript on astrology of mine.

John W.

peter_reist wrote:

> I've got quite a number of questions to put forth. So here goes:
>
> (1) Within Jewish Kabalah, do the sepheroth have planetary
> associations? I know that the seven doubles have planetary
> associations, but I'm not too sure about the sepheroth.
>
> (2) When Bardon talks about the Eathsphere, Moonsphere, et al, is he
> talking about the various sepheroth of the tree of life?
(cut)

Main Index | Thread Index