Re: auto-suggestion

Message 01079 of 3835

Dear Chenxsi,

>> I am sure this is one of those sub-conscious protection mechanism or
something...but if this is the case, how am i suppose to be able to
transform my personality at all? <<

You're experiencing what I call the "rubber-band effect". This is when
your auto-suggestion is so contrary to your normal state and so
unsupported by other techniques of self-transformation that it cycles
between being very effective one moment, and snapping back to
ineffectiveness the next moment.

Transformation of the negative character traits requires more than just
the one technique of auto-suggestion, no matter how strongly or
obsessively it's applied. I think the main issue here relates back to
our previous discussion about getting down to the root of your Soul
Mirror items. I suggest that you meditate more deeply upon this issue
of self-confidence and explore its root causes. Ask yourself, "Why do I
normally feel so little confidence?" Once the 'why' is grasped, you
will be able to transform the root cause and the symptom, instead of
just the symptom. And once the 'why' is grasped, the proper
applications of the various techniques of self-transformation that
Bardon lists in Step Two, will be obvious to you.

And, as Hilikus pointed out, don't over-do the auto-suggestion. Just
"relax" into it.