Re: Re: Iterations

Message 01089 of 3835

Dear Peter,
Dear Andrew,

Thanks for your answers.

<<Actually, that's exactly what I've gone through time
and time again. I would come to a point in my
training where I was having real trouble with one
exercise or another and I would finially just give up
and go right back to the basics because this was
a sign that I overlooked something that was really
important. It really hasn't been until recently that
things have been starting to move rather quickly.>>

This is frequently part of my problem indeed.
But in this very case, I felt compelled to re-initiate
the process even in the absence of a blocking stone.
Funny enough, I must recognize it is *now* that I face
new basic problems even at thought control, now that I
have taken ownership of those few aspects which
emerged in the previous loop.
Can you imagine? 8 knots after 1-2 weeks of effort!
Looks a few things have to be digested indeed.

<<One of the best things that I would suggest would be
to go well beyond what Bardon says is necessary to
have attained before moving onto the next exercise. If
Bardon says you should be able to keep a state of VOM
for ten minutes, then work towards keeping that state
of mind for 15, 20, or even 30 minutes. Sure, it will
be hard, and will take a lot of time and effort, but
it will be well worth it in the long run. Or, at least
it has been for me.>>

Thanks for the good advice.
In similar cases, a seemingly unrelated activity
revealed useful to me, meaning reading the Theory or
Kybalion again, although they do not indicate 1-to-1
direct answers to the situations I'm in.
I presently feel them more as "fertilizers" than as
direct user guides. Sort of completely indirect
strengthening, which helps when I'm getting "out of
fuel" vis-à-vis certain activities. Maybe certain
channels re-open themselves, giving me access to said
fuel. Dunno.

Funny recipes :-)

<<Perhaps you are "sabotaging" your progress because
you are dissatisfied with it?>>

You may have a point, Andrew. This point is difficult
to explain for somebody whose mother tongue is not
English.
I was delighted to have gone through some exercises
after so many weeks, but suddenly I had to realize
that "mastering" 10-15 minutes of thought control,
VOM, etc., implied a lot more tome than just being
able to use generic mental tools. This was valid for
me and vis-à-vis the tools themselves, which, again,
have a meaning which probably goes beyong the one of
mere tools.
Hence the need to "build for real what I only had in
blue-print".

Sorry for all this convoluted wording.

Back to work, Newbie :-)

Thanks to everybody for your help.