Re: Pronuntiation

Message 01112 of 3835

Hi Rawn.

First of all I want to congratulate you for the possibility you are giving to
all of us to have a place to exchange personal experiences regarding Bardon´s
teachings, and so enrich the understanding of those teachings deeper.

Your .MP3 and .PDF files are very instructive and very useful.

Regarding the pronuntiation of ANI-IHVH.ADONAI-RIBONO.SHEL.OLOM-AMEN I havea
question. I understand that for somebody born into the english alphabet,is very
difficult the pronuntiation of other people born in alphabets werethe letters
are peonounced only in one way. As a matter of fact, for the people who learn
english, it is very easy to understand the grammar, but is very difficult to
pronunce and understand (at the beginning of course) words that are written in
one way and pronunced in another way.

I speak 3 lenguages: english, spanish and italian. Specially italian is a
lenguage where the writing and pronuntiation are very tied. In southamerica the
spanish speaking people pronunce (in some words) most of the time C, Sand Z the
same way. This will never happen in italian.

At this point I can say the when yoiu explain in Lesson 1 the correct
pronuntiation of the cantical spelling it in hebrew, is very clear (for me,
witha base of italian and spanish), but I have some doubts if the correct
pronuntiation of the final words are RIBONO SHEL OLOM (RIBBONO SHEL OLOM,
Please notice the doble B). I am saying this because in italian and spanish the
word ADONAI is written as you see here, but your pronuntiation (specially in
italian lenguage) sounds like you were pronuncing as it was written ADDONAI
instead of ADONAI. On the other hand, the word AMEN is written in english,
spanish and italian in the same way, but, in spanish and italian, you prounce
it like it were written (in italian or spanish) as EIMEIN. Comparing these
pronuntiations is the reason I have to ask you about RIBBONO (RIBONO)SHEL OLOM
(ALOM) (OLAM).

This is not to critizice your work that I personally consider wonderful andonce
again I thank you for the gift you are giving to all of us. It is only to try
to improve some aspects that due to your english culture, could have some
influence on the pronunciation.

Best Regards and God Bless you.

Leonardo