Re: VOM attacks!!!!!

Message 01272 of 3835

Justin,

You have to keep at it. I had a friend who had a similar problem in
his soul mirror work. He just couldn't find traits. He's still
strugling with it, but he's found more. He's taken a few days, even
a week away from it, just to get his mind fresh and go back at it.
You could do the same, but I wouldn't put it "on hold". I sort of
did that with Hermetics at finals, and when I took it back up, I had
to start over. Some exercises hadn't suffered, but some had (VOM
being one of them). Even for that short period, it had lapsed. Its
one of those things that if its not exercised regularly it just
starts to decline.

I suppose now's a good time to put forth this thing I call the
Threshold Theory :)

So far, in my hermetic work, it seems that there are thresholds.
You make progress to a point and then you are "stuck" (for lack of
better word) for a period of time. Then you break past that
threshold and start to advance up to another threshold.

Its not just the work of hermetics either. I've been to a few other
boards and found this sort of occurrence with people studying other
facets of the occult. It just seems that people will get stuck at
some point and then break past it and have a period of success
followed by difficulty.

Some encouragement there for you. But its just my experience and
its not a guaranteed thing. But as Bardon says, perseverence is
part of the path :)

Good Luck

-- Alan

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Justin Bedwell -seriouslyitIs!
<devilsgoatee@y...> wrote:
> Hello all! Chuck, thx for that wonderful post on the glass of
water, very nice!

> Ok down to buisness, since i started my soul mirrior work and got
a problem down (a small one to see the work done and to get a
success under my belt) now i am working on a bigger issue one that
really plauges me, nearly every aspect of me at that!

> Good thing is i see the problem bad thing is that don't fix it:)
> See i really, REALLY enjoy smoking, however i am addicted to it,
well to be more accurate the addiction takes smoking as its
ambassador, when i quit smoking i get addicted to coffee so its not
just smoking i know, and i have those issues mapped out and i am
working on them. The conflict comes in with my enjoyment of it
(smoking/coffee just as the outward show of problem and to simplify
this post) meets my will to quit.

> I know i am addicted and its no good for my health, as well as my
wife hates the smell of smoke and my child can't and shouldn't be
around it. However i absoluetly love smoking (i believe i said that
earlier:)) This conflict within myself has caused me a great
fallback in VOM, i cant go 5 min without a distraction now :( I have
also noticed problems spring up elsewhere put i am able to keep it
mostly under control.I feel as if my addiction has declared war on
my Hermetic path since im trying to root it out (sorry for the
externalization of the problem but i felt thats the best way to
explain it.)

> Should i put VOM on hold? would this be OK? what if after i finish
this problem i still can't focus on VOM. I have no problem focusing
any other time just during VOM.I feel if i put it on hold i will be
behind; however this inability to do VOM is frustrating!

> Sorry to once again post my problems, and sorry for the mess i
call this message :)

> I guess all i need is to see if this has happened to others and
possible ways to remedy the problem if it has. Its a strange feeling
to desire something as well as want to rid yourself of said
thing....hmmn.

> Oh and by the way this is Draco i just got rid of the name because
i felt my time with it passed.And yes that is my real name :)